View Single Post
August 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So for the last 2 months I have been dealing with an yeast infection that I can not get rid off. I have tried everything and it goes away for a week or 2 and comes back, so after being miserable all week end I decided to go to the ER to see why I can not get rid of it. So I told them that there is a chance that I could be pregnant but that it was too early to know for sure. Anyways they did a urinalysis and blood work. My urinalysis shows that I have a urinary tract infection and my blood test showed that my white blood count is high which makes sense if I have a UTI, but I really do not have any symptoms of a UTI other then burning when I pee, which I assumed is caused by the irritation from the yeast infection. So he prescribe cipro for 8 days but when I went to fill my prescription I told the pharmacist that I could be pregnant so she told me that I should not take cipro if there is any chance at all that I could be pregnant. She called the DR at the ER and he ordered amoxicillin 3x a day for 12 days but I am not really comfortable taking them plus the fact that I really do not have any symptoms of a UTI and we all know that the antibiotics will make the yeast infection 100 times worse. What would you do if you were me??

Team Pink