View Single Post
August 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran
So I never ever thought I'd be someone who would even CONSIDER home birth... but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

We already have our midwife, and there will be a second midwife present at birth. I have a friend who is a doula who I was thinking of having with me...

I think I really like the idea of a natural birth, but know that if I were at the hospital, it would be too easy to just say "give me the epidural"... if I'm at home, surrounded by 3 people who are professionals and know exactly what they're doing, I'm confident I can handle it. I like the idea of being in the comfort of my own home, and just doing what my body is telling me to do. I am exactly 15 minutes away from 2 different hospitals, so should a problem arise, we could probably get to the hospital in 10 minutes if we sped.

I think if we decide to go this route, we won't tell any of our family. We'll just call them after the baby is born and say "we decided not to go to the hospital" (The midwife comes to the house for the first part of labour anyways)...

What are your thoughts? Is this something you would ever consider? Do you know anyone who has given birth at home?