View Single Post
August 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
TTC #1 after loss
After so much waiting, I kinda can't believe how quickly everything is coming together now! We are looking at a retrieval date of around October 13.

After the stress of trying to park and get where we needed to be (this hospital is huge and inconvenient), our appointment went well. We first met with the finance lady, who explained everything very well. The biggest PITA is dealing with the meds. We are covered 80/20 through in network pharmacies, and 70/30 through out of network. Out of network also requires us to pay upfront and be reimbursed later. BUT - we have a lifetime maximum for coverage, and were told that the ins. co. pays their in network pharmacies more, so while we might pay slightly less, we could be losing a lot more of our maximum. So, I have to all the ins. co., and several pharmacies, and get them to answer questions they don't want to answer. Ugh. Anyway, worst case scenario - we pay ~$700 for meds.

Next, I had an u/s and uterine sounding (mock transfer). No problems there. I had 36 follicles, which is a lot. Then we went over everything with the doc. Lots of info. Because of my high number of follicles, we will be doing an antagonist protocol with ganirelix, which allows the use of a Lupron trigger rather than HCG. This is to greatly reduce the chance of OHSS. There is a small dose of HCG (1000 units vs 10000) combined with the Lupron, so there is still a very slight chance of hyperstimulation. My sister recently donated eggs and had to be hospitalized for OHSS, so I was a bit afraid of it, and am glad to have some reassurance.

SO, my period is due next Tuesday, when I will start bcp. After 3-4 weeks on bcp, I will start my stimulation meds.

Meds I will be using - Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur, HCG/Lupron trigger, progesterone in oil, Medrol tablets, and Keflex tablets.

Oh! Those who have been following me for a long time may remember that I didn't believe my doctor wen she diagnosed me with PCOS. Well, I was right. The RE says I do NOT have it, and that my old doc used an outdated blood test to diagnose it. I freaking knew it, and I've been taking that stupid metformin that upsets my stomach for no **** reason. I am so glad to be dealing with a doctor who knows what he's talking about now.

Alright, I know that was super long - it's mostly for my benefit, and I don't expect anyone to read it all, but thanks if you did!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!