View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 03:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are starting a little bit of cow's milk into his diet this weekend!!! I am so happy to be free of the pump! I knocked down from 4-5 sessions per day (and nursing at night) to 3 sessions per day and still nursing at night. I only really get a chance to nurse him on demand on the weekends, but lately he hasn't stopped to BF as many times. He loves his table/finger foods though!

If I didn't have to pump at work then I would continue breastfeeding past the 1 year mark, but I am ready to be done with the pump. The last nursing session we stop will be the one right before bed, so I don't know how long it will take. That one will be the most difficult, but I'm ok with going as long as he needs to be comfortable.

In the mean time, He currently takes 4 bottles per day with the 1 night nursing. I am slowly decreasing my supply and making it so he only gets 3 bottles per day plus some cow milk and night nurse; then 2 bottles per day and a bit more cow milk and night nurse; until finally he only gets a morning bottle, cow milk in the afternoon, and nursing at night. He loves his AM bottle with DH so once we get him switched to the sippy in the morning then we can work on the night nursing session.