Topic: Fur Moms!
View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Twin Mama
So my fur moms how are the little animals of the house adjusting to the new arrival(s)? Got any suggestions for keeping them feeling the love?

My cat seems to avoid the twins and is not really interested. He is very clingy to us though and will try to get in our faces when we are on the couch feeding babies at night, his love me hours. I don't get to pet him much though because I am allergic and have to wash my hands after or if I touch my face I'll pay. I also don't want to pet him and touch a baby without washing, and honestly it's rare I'm not touching a baby.

The dog, poor poor dog. She sniffs them and checks on them occasionally but HATES the crying and runs to the other side of the house to get away from it. She mostly sleeps in the office all day while i tend to the babies, I noticed I went a whole day without petting her last week and felt awful! I really need to set aside some time and take her to the dog park while DH has the twins so she can have some fun. I can't wait until they are old enough to interact with her or throw a ball for her and we can teach them how to pet nicely.

How are the other fur babies faring?