View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Need to brag about DD!

So for those that don't know or remember. I have a dd who is gifted but because of her vision disability, she's just an average student. So the school doesn't recognize her giftedness.

She is also a phenominal dancer. She was at a dance studio for 6 years. Although she was invited to be in the dance company, because she started dance "late" at 6, she was put into a group with where she was the oldest girl & some of the youngest girls were 3 years younger than her. The 1st year they were in the company, it was obviously she didn't belong with these other girls. Mothers of several of the other girls in the company would ask me when they were moving Lucy up. They never did.

I knew she wasn't getting the instruction that she needed but she had her friends so I didn't push. Well recital weekend was awful. Her so called "friends" were mean to her and honestly everyone else in the company. So I pushed her to at least explore other studios.

She agreed. We found a wonderful studio! She loves the teachers. They warned us that they didn't let kids from other studios in their dance company until they had been there a year. Lucy like the classes so much & she was learning so much more that she accepted that.

After 2 classes, the owner approached me & told me the teacher wanted to know if Lucy wanted to be in their competition dance company. After 2 more classes, she was in! Normally they do auditions but she didn't need to. She's already schedule for 3 group competition dances! And been fitted for her dance company warmup suit.

I'm so proud of my girl! I want to stand on the roof & scream it to the world! She's been through so much in her short 11 years of life (crappy bio dad, vision disability, etc), she deserves this win!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah