View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I decided against the doctor's office today. I just couldn't make myself do it. I was too exhausted to deal with Ethan running around like crazy and getting into everything, like he seems to always do at a doctor's office. And I knew that they just won't find anything wrong with him. All they do is weigh him, measure, check ears, heart, lungs, and take his temperature. If he's not visibly ill there's nothing they can do. Well, even when babies are visibly ill there's usually still nothing they can do, except to say give them Tylenol. Besides, he is getting a re-check on his kidneys at Doernbecher's Children's hospital this coming Tuesday. I trust them to be much more thorough than my doctor's office. I don't have much faith in them, sorry to say.

I guess Kody's history and my own medical history doesn't give me much faith in doctors. My mom knew there was something wrong with me from a baby on forward, but no one listened to her till I was 3 years old. Then, lo and behold, your daughter has a kidney problem. Meanwhile, they'd kept telling her, "Babies just cry" whenever she'd try to bring me in.
And with Kody, if I really wanted to do anything serious to find out what's wrong, it would involve xrays, getting stuck with a needle to take blood (which they have to do on Tuesday anyway), and/or catheterizing him to check his urine. They say they can't get accurate urine samples unless they do it by catheter only. No other options. And I refuse to put my baby through additional pain just so they can tell me they don't know what's wrong with him. Or to say he has nothing wrong and the problem is me---I'm not coping well enough. Really, that's all it boils down to anyway---I'm the problem. If I was able to handle it ok, there'd be no problem.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12