View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I appreciate your input, MamaRN. Thing is, I've already been through this with his older brother. His older brother was exceptionally fussy (he had GER/GERD) for the first year of life, and from that I learned that if there's nothing measurably wrong with the baby---fever, low urine output, lack of BM's, pulling at ears, lung congestion, etc, then there's really nothing a doctor's office can do except offer their sympathy. And he's fine in all regards except for the screaming when he's tired.
Laying him down to "scream it out" is not my first choice, and it goes against my instincts, but my husband has been away for almost a month and I'm alone with two small children, one of which is a fussy baby. There are limits to what I can handle--hence laying him down and walking away.
He already has an appointment on Tuesday at Doernbecher's to recheck his kidneys, which we know have problems, so I prefer to just wait for the real pros to take a look at him. They'd be much more likely to spot any problems than my PCP would.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12