View Single Post
August 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HI! I'm popping in from April

I had two homebirths and I LOVED them. I attend births all.the.time as a birth photographer, and here's what I can tell you.

There are WAY more incidents in the hospital statistically speaking. Significantly more C-sections and infant deaths. The US has the highest first day infant mortality rate in the civilized world.

That and we have over 98% of our births IN HOSPITALS. Where other countries lower on the list, the low risk women birth at home. Study after study has proven that, when put in ratio, homebirth has significantly less newborn deaths/injuries. And I won't even get started on c-section rates.

What I see is sad, and after witnessing TONS of hospital births and home births I would never give birth in a hospital unless it was a life or death situation. Of course there are those who have fantastic hospital experiences, and YES there is a place for hospital birth, absolutely 100% I agree with that. Hospitals save lives. But don't let any one scare you, that drives me crazy!! Birth isn't scary. Hospital birth goes wrong all.the.time. It's just not publicized.

My homebirth was way cheaper than hopsital. Like 1/5 cheaper. we paid around 3,000 for it.

Good luck with your choice!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5