Topic: Meeting Miah!
View Single Post
August 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol, you are braver than I for wanting an induction!

I don't want to rain on your parade... I know these last weeks are a hard wait (trust me!!) but make sure you know what you're getting into. Induction greatly increases the chance of a c-section. And remember that if that happened it will affect the rest of your pregnancies. Most community hospitals will literally not let you have a vaginal birth after you've had a cesarean so you'll have to jump through hoops and deliver at a big medical center if there's one near you. That's what I'm going through right now. I had 1 c-section and now I can't deliver at my regular hospital and I have to go to the huge hospital that's over an hour away, which also means my doctors can't deliver with me. It's a big headache.

I know you are so done. Just saying, don't forget to consider how this may affect future pregnancies.

Induction also tends to be slower and more painful than spontaneous labor. But then again, some people get induced and have the baby vaginally 4 hours later (like my MIL)! You just never know. For me, the contractions were MUCH worse on pitocin than natural labor, and much less effective. So more pain, less dilation. Not cool. I know that's common.

Weigh your options, mama. Think it through. If you do get induced, I hope it goes great!!

KUP!

[/url]

Last edited by TaraJo29; August 23rd, 2013 at 09:54 AM.