Topic: Picky eaters
View Single Post
August 25th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've done something similar to what Kendal has said, although there have been nights where she just didn't eat at all, and then pigged out in daycare the next day. Timeouts when she doesn't eat have been somewhat effective, although it's still a battle. My kid would live on fruit, mac and cheese, oatmeal, eggs and seed butter and jelly sandwiches. She also love graham crackers and the Annie's wheat bunnies. Carbs, carbs, and carbs. I have to fight to get that protein in (other than cheese). Yesterday we had one of our friends over who has a 6 year old daughter. Having her friend eat the chicken with her really helped. Today, we had leftover chicken and I reminder her of liking eating it with her friend. She ate almost a whole breast.....Now if I tried her again later on in the week, she might hate it. I think a lot of it is the age. That being said, I can see you not wanting your son to be picky. Find out what motivates him, and reward him for eating the foods you want him to eat. Believe me, I understand. Sometimes I'm over an hour getting Reagan to eat her dinner.