View Single Post
August 25th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncetainMommy View Post
If you really think his place is an unsafe environment for the baby then you might want to look into getting a court order for visitation rights only. Start now by documenting everything with him.

As for his urging you to leave the baby with his mom while you work, and telling you to get a job. He's no longer with you, he has no right to tell you how to live your life. Also, with friends and family as supportive as you say they are, I'm sure you'll have no shortage of people to leave the baby with while you work. Maybe talk with whoever you're staying with or who you might want to leave the baby with about when the best time to start looking for work might be. It's their business, not the ex's.

I'm not sure you can totally de-stress your communications with him, but you can help setting some rules and guidelines for the text messages, and cutting off the conversations when all pertinent information has been exchanged.

You'll have to build up your will power by the sound of it. Good luck it can be hard.

Good luck with the pregnancy, and the baby on the way. They can be such a joy.
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate your advice. You are right. I definitely need to work on building up my will power. As you said it has indeed proven to be quite difficult. It is hard for me to find the balance between having at least some negative interactions with him via text and phone rather than just cutting him out completely, at this point it almost seems impossible to communicate appropriately with him because he is just so distant and unsupportive of me. Once again, thank you.