View Single Post
August 27th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myopia View Post
Baked chicken and Okra did me well.

Anything thats protein and veggies. No carbs at all.
See I was told I should still have carbs with every meal, not to completely cut them out. Just to only have a certain number. It is interesting how widely dietician and doctor suggestions vary for GD!

MY MEALS:

Here's what's been working for me lately.

BREAKFAST:

- Apple (2 Carbs)
- 2 Eggs (either hard-boiled, fried or scrambled)
- 1/2 serving old-fashioned oatmeal OR 1 piece of wheat toast OR whole wheat English Muffin (1 Carb)
- Handful of carrots if I'm still hungry

For easy prep, I boil a bunch of eggs one night that last me a few days. I also make a big batch of oatmeal one night and divide it into portions and just re-heat in the morning in the micro (usually make enough to last 3 days between me, hubbie, and my daughter).

LUNCH:

- 1 cup 1% Milk (1 Carb)
- Fruit (2 Carbs worth, so portion size depends on the fruit)
- Romaine Lettuce Salad with shredded cheese, a little sunflower seeds, a little Italian dressing, and about 4 oz. of chicken breast (hubbie either grills or bakes some ahead of time to use in salads for a couple days)
- 1 slice of Wheat bread (1 Carb)

OR

- Milk and Fruit the same
- 8 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (1 Carb)
- Cheese and summer sausage to put on the crackers - yum!

If still hungry, add a veggie (baby carrots are my easy go to veggie during the day)

DINNER:

- 1 cup 1% Milk (1 Carb)
- 1 Medium (about 1 1/2 cups worth) sweet potato with butter OR 1 cup brown rice OR 1 corn on the cob (3 Carbs)
- Lots of veggies, usually Steamfresh bag since we're lazy and the steamer is still dirty, so mostly Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Ham, or Brat w/o bun, Hamburger w/o bun (I do use a tiny bit of ketchup to dip in, but not tons), chicken breast, steak, pork chops, cod, salmon - different meat/fish proteins

SNACKS:

- 1 slice wheat toast with natural peanut butter (1 carb plus protein)
- 3 cups popcorn (we have a popper, so can make a bunch ahead of time!) drizzled with butter and 1-2 handfuls of peanuts (1 carb plus protein)
- 1 6 oz. container non-fat Chobani Greek Yogurt with a little bit of granola on top (1 1/2 carbs, but the yogurt is also a protein!)
- 1 Fruit (serving size depends on fruit) and 1-2 handfuls of peanuts OR 1-2 reduced fat string cheese OR cottage cheese (1 carb plus protein)

This has worked for me during the day so far (it's just my fasting sugars being a pain - stupid hormones). I still get hungry between now and then. I'm also attempting to up my exercise. Once this heat dies down, I hope to be walking twice per day about 20 minutes each time.