View Single Post
August 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't know about the cow thing. But I recently had a discussion with my OB about what *might* had been a loss for me many years ago. She said "If you never had a formal confirmation, then don't count it. Don't put yourself through that kind of questioning and pain."

I'm sorry your midwife said something like that to you. It's not fair to give you doubt. Spotting, even heavy spotting with clots happens early on, and it doesn't always mean vanishing twin, or loss. A very close friend of mine lost a twin at 6wks and never had any spotting.

And high HCG doesn't necessarily mean twins. I had high numbers from the start too. I remember you posting your numbers and mine were just as high. Almost 400 at 13dpo and doubling every 45 hours. Nearly 11000 by the next week.

Take a deep breath and remind yourself that pregnancy is about the future, the life of a child to be. Don't dwell in the past, mourn what may or may not have been, or second guess decisions already made. If you have had one or more losses, that's a near impossible thing to do, I know. I relive my nightmare from last winter almost every day.

Take comfort in the life you have in you. Hold on tight to every day you have with it. Remember to breathe.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013