View Single Post
August 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm new here, but I hope I can jump in!

I just read the Bible over breakfast. We started in Genesis reading one chapter of Old Testament and one section of New Testament a day (or most days, anyway). I did the Gospels first: Luke, John, Matthew, Mark. Now we're on Acts and I'll go straight through from there. We're in Judges at the moment in the Old Testament. On good days I throw in a chapter of Proverbs and I just started in Psalms. Those two probably get two or three days a week though, if we're very lucky.

The idea with all of that is to introduce them to the whole Bible. Then hopefully as they hear about things at church, or I refer to things at home, there will be something in their mind already to build on. We used to do Scripture memory and character qualities after breakfast, but haven't for several months. We homeschool, though, for what it's worth. If misbehavior slows down our reading, it doesn't wreck the day. Our afternoons would be harder to manage.

I sometimes toy with doing a Bible study. I have a couple for their age group; I just haven't done anything with them yet. But my youngest is 3, so maybe in a year or two it would be a good time.