Topic: Score!
View Single Post
August 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Love my 3 girls!
So this being my 3rd baby, and knowing how fast they can grow out of things (or like my ODD, never even wore some of her stuff, she had so many clothes!) I am all about buying gently used clothes rather than new, aside from special boutique outfits for holidays, photosessions, special events, etc. I am on several FB kids resale groups where local Moms can buy and sell clothes, baby gear, etc.

This past weekend one of them posted she was having a garage sale, so DF & I checked it out. Her daughter was born Nov 11 so she was just the right season. We got there early and I am so glad we did bc we cleaned her out and just as we finished it started getting crowded. We scored so many adorable outfits, sleepers and gowns. The clothes were all Carters, Gymboree, TCP, and even some boutique outfits/diaper covers that I know she paid top dollar for. We took almost the entire lot because it was all $1- 3$ per outfit. We also grabbed a fisher price kick and play gym, 2 slings, (including the exact peanut shell sling that I was looking for which retails for $50.00). She gave us all of the clothes for $20 (we should have paid $57, I was adding it up) and another $10 for the rest of the items. I went through everything this morning, and realized this baby is literally set for clothes from NB-12 months and we haven't even had our shower yet! Since we budgeted way more than we spent, I can throw that towards a cloth diaper stash and the outfits I want from etsy. I am so excited! I love shopping resales! Most of this stuff looks like it was never worn, some even new with tags. We also got her bassinett for $25.00 at a resale earlier this summer, it is in excellent condition and probably goes for $125 new. Now the consignment shops are clearancing the summer stuff for next to nothing, I will probably hit up some of those places too because I can never pass up a good deal. Anyone else love bargain shopping as much as I do?