Topic: Cloth diapers
View Single Post
August 29th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hiya!
I hate how black and white she made it sound. Just because it didn't work for her, doesn't mean it won't for me. In fact, we did exactly the opposite of her...did sposies for a year then switched to full-time cloth. I really think Crunchy (I know your name is Kaylen, I just don't know if that is the right spelling. Lol) nailed it. All of her points were ones I would have made myself.

In addition, this woman is discounting that there might be health benefits to cloth (both for sensitive kids and for the "average child").

And frankly, I read an article once that said the average child goes through 8,000 diapers in their babyhood. And when I thought that we wanted 4 kids...that meant 32,000 diapers in a landfill. And no disposable diaper has ever decomposed. They don't know how long it will take, since they have only been around since the 70s. I know my 32,000 is nothing in the face of all the other ones out there. But I does creep me out now many are sitting around in landfills. Just hanging out.

I really don't think cloth is for everyone, nor do i mind if folks dont want to do it, but her blanket statement for folks to not even try is ridiculous.