View Single Post
August 29th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Super Mommy
Before you tell him, it would be wise to think through how you want to deal with his reaction. If he's supportive and wants to be involved, what level of involvement are you comfortable with? Do you want him at doctor appointments? Picking baby items? Shared custody? What kind of fincanicial responsibility is he willing to give? If he's not supportive, don't let him bully you emotionally by the whole , 'this is ruining my life' line. He had his fun and chose not to use a condom. It's not your or your baby's fault or responsibility to make things easier for him.

I hope for your sake that he'll take it well and be supportive! You mentioned that he's in a relationship, so I just wanted to say too, that neither of you should feel pressured to resume your relationship only due to the pregnancy. If it happens because you both want it, great. But getting back together just because there's a child involved isn't a good plan. In any case, try not to stress over it. This is your baby, don't let negativity or potential negativity sour what should be a time of anticipation!

Best wishes and let us know how it goes!