View Single Post
August 29th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, I am so lucky my sugars didn't blast past 120 this afternoon (they were 117, though, which is a little higher than usual) as my mother instantly started stressing me out right when she got here. The snide comments about the dirty house (though I told her to lay off). Then she took my daughter out to lunch (I stayed home to eat so I wouldn't screw up my sugars with Applebee's).

They were gone for an hour and a half.

When I ask kindly if we could stop at the medical supply store so I could order my breast pump (which was right across from where we went shopping), she acted put out and upset (I did get my pump though - yay!...the highlight of my afternoon, all paid by the insurance).

On the way to the area we needed to go to, she of course pretty much questioned my parenting when I mentioned we may need to get my daughter's tongue tie snipped due to jaw development instead of speech (like I don't do my research and look into things). She also poo-pooed the name Ivy Jade (btw, my MIL loves the name).

I lost my temper on her in the car and swore - she wasn't happy with that either.

And after telling her I am not 5, I am over 30 and I don't need to be treated like a child...

When we were checking out at Kohl's, she's like, "You know you need to turn these inside out to wash them and wash them on delicate." I am 34 years old woman, I know how to do laundry. I've been doing my own laundry since middle school!

Ugh, I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. There were other things, but nearly anything that comes out of her mouth pretty much demeans me or tears me down in some way shape or form (or is plain inconsiderate - I'm talking about my GD and instead of responding to me about it, she goes off on a tangent about how someone almost hit her that morning...which obviously it was nothing major since she brought it up on our way home).

Infuriating woman. I seriously hope I don't have to see her again before little bub is born or I may bite her head off.

She did kindly buy my daughter a bunch of clothes for fall/winter (and I of course thanked her for them and thanked her for taking me to get my pump). I just wish the words coming out of her mouth would match her giving spirit.

Little bub also got a couple things. A Little Sister onesie (to go with the Big Sister top my 5-year-old got), a Mom's Little Monster fleece jacket, and a onesie that says Gobble Gobble Gobble for Thanksgiving (the Halloween stuff they had JUST didn't do it for me for going home outfit - lol).