View Single Post
August 29th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Veteran
My husband does not support my breastfeeding at all. He says i can "do whatever you want" but he's really not supportive at all.

I have a 1 month old daughter who is a very eager eater. Latches so easily and i have no problemm with supply. I can pump in 5 minutes and get enough for a feeding, and 10minutes i will have extra to store. The only thing i wanted from this pregnancy besides a healthy baby, was to breastfeed.

I have given formula on days where we are out of he house for an extended time. I always bring at least 1 bottle of breastmilk, and ihave 1 formula for emergencies. He doesnt understand why i just dont give formula. I tried to explain, but its like he doesn't care to try to understand.

No one in my family bf, i was ff. my dh was ff, and my dh sister pumped for her son for a few weeks and then "had to stop because ididn't produce enough" with her second she pumped for about 4 weeks and then "had to stop because she was allergic".
But in the next sentence she says she didn't want to change her diet (for the allergy), so her dd is on a very expensive special formula.
I'm a nurse and on a floor where sometimes i am the only nurse there. I know sometimes it can be busy and i know before and during pregnancy where there use to be days of (2 minute lunches, or i think i peed today) moments. My workplace totally supports moms who breastfeed. I know i can find 5 minutes every 4 hours or so to pump at the least. I know it won't be easy, and i'm willing to start takig fenugeek and oatmeal 3 times a day if i have too. And i will be off 4 days a week where i can exclusively bf. my dh seems to think i'm "stupid if you think you can pump at work when u can't even find time to eat"

Sorry for all the typos. I'm on my phone. I'm worried because i start work in 2 weeks. Am i being nieve? Should i just give up and ff?

Last edited by Mself145; August 29th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.