View Single Post
August 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommytake3 View Post
How much maternity leave are you taking and what does your employer offer for pay if anything?

I am only taking 10 weeks 3 days as I used 1 week 2 days FLMA in May to have a skin cancer spot taken care of.

My job has an income replacement plan for the medical time only so 6 weeks if I deliver natural and 8 for c section. Then they give 40 hours baby bonding time. Most likely I will get the 6+1 for 7 weeks paid and then Ill use every hour I have of PTO which by then would be 112 hours. It looks like I will have 4 days w/ out pay unless I deliver by c section and then I would be covered totally.

If I had the full 12weeks left in FMLA I would take it! I know it will be hard to come back. It always is!
That sounds like a great set up. I'm a teacher in Miami and our benefits are pretty bad. I want to do the full 12-week leave but it's all unpaid so I don't know. Depends on the babies. If they were to come now, I'd have to take a couple of weeks to recup from c/s surgery but I'd have to return to work right away. The closer they are to the scheduled surgery, the better financially (and obviously for health).

Introducing the Minis

Last edited by shana1979; August 30th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.