View Single Post
August 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
I didn't have an Iv though, until after it was determined that my bleeding wasn't slowing... at which time I was given a shot of pit.(that hurt really bad) followed by the nurse setting up the IV after the fact. He was born in the morning, and the IV came out around supper time (they had it blocked not long after the birth.

I dont think there is anything wrong with keeping your options open, in my case I really believe it saved me from much more serious complications. But it isn't necessary for every delivery IMO.
I have thought about asking if I can have a shot of Pit if I absolutely need it--do you remember why it hurt so much? Is it the needle they use or where they put it?

3 beautiful boys, ages 8, 4 and almost 8 months!
Diagnosed with PCOS, conceived first son on first round of Clomid. DS #2 conceived on 2nd round of Clomid, 3rd son conceived on 3rd round of Clomid. TTC #4 through IVF.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again--September 2014?