View Single Post
August 31st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Formerly Number5OnTheWay
UM, sorry you're having a rough day!! Maybe it's the weather? My girls told me I needed to go back to bed and that I was being crabby.

I wouldn't say quitting my job was necessarily part of the "plan", but it's definitely something I want to do. Hubby's been working LOTS & LOTS of hours. He makes quite a bit less money than me, but he wants to do this, and I think he kind of feels that he owes it to me because I was the only one working for a while when he was in school. I don't feel that way, and I'm sad that he'll miss out on so many of the kids' things. But there seems to be no talking him out of it. It's been on the table for about 2 months at least. We've done the stay-at-home dad route before, and we know that doesn't work. I took a year off when we had our 3rd, and I loved it! Plus, he knew he got to come home to a clean house and dinner, without much stress really. And basically, I'm finding it impossible to get 40 hours of work done in 24 hours so I'm a little on edge about that. I have to give at least a month's notice so it will still be some time before I'm truly done, but it feels like that's definitely where we're headed. The older girls are pretty much on board with it as well, and I figured that would be the hardest sell. So, UM, I don't know how you can possibly work with your kids. I'm struggling to find the time for everything with only 5.