View Single Post
August 31st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Super Mommy
I know it's overwhelming right now. Remember this though-- right now you see a Bunch of tangible difficulties, and no positive things. Right now the baby seems theoretical, more of an idea than a small son or daughter. Right now the little newborn you will someday hold in your arms is completely intangible, and that leaves you with the discouraging task of facing the potential difficulties.

But be encouraged! Very, very few of us mothers entered our pregnancies in a 'perfect' spot to have a child. If you read through some of the other posts from this forum you will see that many mamas start in even more challenging circumstances than you. And guess what? It can work out fine. That's not to say it won't be hard sometimes.

The most important thing to remember is that right now, the things you can't see are the incredible joy and purpose and lifelong gift this new life is bringing to you. You can't see it yet, but it is a lifechanging thing is ways that will give you so much deep happiness.

I'm not trying to downplay the difficulties, but I know you have the strength to work through them. For starters, I have a friend that was set to graduate a month or so after her due date. Her professors were more than happy to work with her so she could finish early. I'm sure yours will too. As for taking the summer off, I also rmember being in class with at least one lady who brought her newborn in a stroller with her. It didn't bother anyone, and if that appeals to you I'm sure you could work it out. You may also be able to find another mom who could help you with childcare before your son or daughter turns six months. And if you'd rather just take a year or so off, it's not a big deal. Universities are very good about deferring enrollment especially in circumstances like yours.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can do it! Your little baby is depending on you and you've got the strength to make it! I really encourage you to join a due date club here on just mommies. It will give you the chance to get to know other moms due the same time as you and give you a place to get encouragement and share your struggles. It's fun too. Best wishes and keep us updated!