View Single Post
August 31st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Just to let you ladies know there is a TON of socialization with Home School. Many people I have talked too have told me that is their number one worry, and it should not be. There are tons of weekly and daily groups that get together, at the zoo, parks, the store, library or what have you. I personally think Home School is better because kids are less likely to be influenced by things and if he or she is stuck on something you can spend however long it takes for them to understand it. It's kinda hard when you have 30 other kids who get it to stay on it for one kid. I am not knocking public school at all. DH and I both graduated from them, and so did all of my siblings. I worked with three girls before I got pregnant and they were all Home Schooled and they all love it. I am not bashing anyone! Just know, that in Home School, socialization is not an issue.
This is not my concern. My concern is giving them the best education and honestly they would not get that from me teaching them. We are starting our 2nd year in public school and my kids are thriving, in kindergarten work is individualized based on their skill set. In first grade so far David's class do individualized work, as well as group lead centers, and they have positive reenforcement jars. So the class works together as a whole to fill a marble jar for a reading reward day. They get to eat snacks, bring their favorite books, blankets and pillows to read together. They also have group goals for a reward and individual behavior goals. They are graded based, on at risk, improving, approaching mastery, and mastered goal. As I said in my previous post I am loving my time away from them, to be honest it's making me a better mother.