View Single Post
September 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Elizabeth
I was posting in the Homebirth forum - but its not really that busy there.
Can I join you? I am planning on having a natural home waterbirth very shortly... and would like to be a part of a group who feels as strongly about natural childbirth as i do.

I have been researching it a lot and have gone over it for the past year or so and I am strongly considering becoming a birth doula and eventually a midwife after my Daughter is born.

So heres some background on me...
My Name is Elizabeth. I am due with my fifth child this month.
My first child was born prematurely at the hospital at 23 weeks with Triploidy XXY and did not survive.
My second child was born at 39 weeks in the hospital with an epidural. I had gone into labor naturally.
My third child was induced at 39 weeks due to an infected tooth that concerned the dr about affecting him. No pain medication with him.
My fourth pregnancy ended in a m/c but I still include him/her in how many children I have.

The experience in labor that I had with my last child completely traumatized me and has influenced my decision to do things much differently this time around. I am very hopeful it will all work out wonderfully. But I am prepared for that to change as well....

Any thoughts/opinion/advice for me?