View Single Post
September 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's understandable that you fear reliving some strong emotions - it may happen, but you won't know until it does. I wonder if I'll end up reliving my disappointment in having a c-section with my first (especially if I end up with one with the second). Or if I do get my VBAC, if I'll have a stronger bond with her.

But as far as sibling rivalry goes, I am currently trying to slowly prepare my daughter for what it's like to take care of baby. And I also told her she'll have to be a big help (she loves helping, unless of course it means picking up her own toys - lol). I also tell her that she can snuggle up to me when I'm BFing baby and maybe we'll be able to read a book then too.

I feel it's good to start preparing her. She's 5, so she may understand a bit more than a 3-year-old, but I think you can still help your daughter understand what's going to happen and that you will still spend time with her and love her. I also got my daughter the book "What Baby Needs". She loves books, so was happy to get the book and reading it to her she learns all what's going to happen when baby gets here. Win, win.