View Single Post
September 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm 29 and have PCOS. In my early 20's my cycles completely stopped and I was without a period for probably about 6 years...then I lost a substantial amount of weight, and I have been regular for the past 3 years. I'm 29 years old and married to a wonderful man and we have been trying to concieve for about a year, actively charting ovulation dates, etc...had trouble with the ovulation tests, so we've been waiting for the egg whitey discharge but pretty much "doing it" for the few days before, the day of, and the few days after as well.

Anyway, I started taking Vitex, Raspberry leaf, Dong Quai, Vitamin E, Iron (my iron has been quite low), calcium, etc, as well as eating a pretty healthy diet and exercise as well. I am still overweight, but have been working on it for quite some time.

My period is always spot on, 28 day cycle. I started taking the dong quai, vitamin E, and raspberry leaf approximately a month and a half ago, and the vitex about 3 months ago. This cycle, about 5 days after my "ovulation goo day"/ "doing it" I had an egg whitey discharge but with a few flecks of blood, only to be seen on the toilet paper, not in my underwear...then about 4 days after that I started to get really ****** and moody, and I've been the most tired I've ever been in my life. My back has been hurting since about a week after ovulation, and I've been starving but feeling a bit yuck for a week of so, eating stuff I have been staying away from, but not actually gaining the weight I was expecting to gain from it, in fact I've lost a few pounds...

I am now 2 days late for my period, but cramping just like I normally would on my period...Pregnancy tests are giving me a BFN, but I feel so sure that this time it might actually have worked...but then these pregnancy tests are making me feel like I'm just insane and making everything up...the thing is, I wonder if it's just that the herbal stuff I've been taking is making my hormones do wierd things, or if this really is IT...I have been pregnant and have lost babies a few times but have actually never been pregnant and showed on a test...am thinking I might need a blood test, but I am a Canadian living in New Zealand, waiting on my permanent residency here, so I'm wondering if I'd be wasting my money on a blood test that's just going to come up negative after paying the price to see a doctor in a foreign country...

any thoughts?