Topic: Stupid GD
View Single Post
September 3rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran
Insulin isn't as bad as it seens. The needles are so thin u don't even feel it. The finger pricks are a lot more painful. This is my 2nd pregnancy with gd and insulin due to high fasting numbers so I do have a bit of experience under my belt with this unfortunately.

W/DS my high risk wanted to induce me at 39 weeks because that is "policy" for gd. Especially since DS was measuring almost 4 kg in ultrasounds. What he didn't take in mind was that his femur bone was long and skewing the weight estimate plus, DH is 6'3 so I wasn't having a small baby regardlessIif gd. Either way I refused induction and delivered naturally at 40 +2.

My current high risk perinatologist who also manages a large hospital's maternity emergency dept. Does nnot believe in inducing unless there is reason. Ie baby weight, placenta function, high blood pressure or whatever else.

LNg story short, pleasedon't be discouraged. Keep your numbers low with whatever meds are best, that is the best way to keep baby size normal and avoid the most dreaded gd complication.

Also, develop a good communication line with whoever treats you and be as informed as possible so you ask the right questions and an active part of your burth plan.

Finally, remember that the most important thing is healthy mama and baby and which ever way u get to that part is a temporary sutuation.

Big hugs your way

EDIT:

Virtual keyboard typos and I have no patience to correct them. My apologies.

Last edited by seaside; September 3rd, 2013 at 09:27 AM.