Topic: I did it!
View Single Post
September 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
New Mommy in Training
Yep. I am crazy.

I self-removed my own IUD with a bit of help from DH. Why? Because the clinic wanted $100 payment to see my OB, the Health-Dept refused since they didn't insert it and I was tired of all the side-effects.

I only had a bit of cramping, but only a tiny bit of blood was on the IUD (no chunks of tissue, no heavy bleeding afterwards, no severe cramping/pain) so I think I am in the clear. It's pretty much the same thing the Dr would do - I made sure everything was as clean as possible before doing it.

Anyways - so yeah! Maybe unprotected but not really trying for another baby. Going to try condoms for a bit. I am pretty nervous about potentially getting pregnant again only for the fact that I hope it goes as smoothly as my pregnancy with Chelsea did. I forgot all the really really scary stuff that can happen when you're pregnant.

At any rate, I don't think my body and birth-control get along very well, I've tried 3 methods now and and while the IUD was the best out of the three it still, but I still had some bad side-effects from it.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days