View Single Post
September 4th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
School is for learning not socializing anyway. If a kids only social interaction is in school, they learn to socialize instead of learn. They are the bottom ring employee that hangs out at the water cooler and calls in shake sick days I stead of doing their work. I much prefer for school to be about work and social groups to be for socializing. We don't participate in homeschool groups here because of the religious factor, but we connect with other families, including families who use public schools, for play dates. And we also have our kids enrolled in extra curricular activities, where they make the most friends. The other side of it is school forces kids together who dot want to be together. Remember getting bullied is a social situation too. Not all socializing is fun for everyone involved. I enjoy helping my child have control over who they socialize with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner