Topic: Caitlyn2013
View Single Post
September 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
Caitlyn,
I really felt compelled to tell you that I was once in almost exactly your situation as far as becoming pregnant at 20. I was with an extremely abusive guy who was not only emotionally, verbally abusive, but eventually became physically abusive. It took me quite some time to figure out I was so much better than that and I eventually left him and went on to better myself. I know that's not your situation, but as far as being pregnant and not knowing what to do. I knew what I needed/wanted to do and I did at that time. I was young and I cannot say I have any regrets honestly. I really have not wanted to say anything to any of the great ladies here about this because most people want babies so badly and it's awful to see for some that someone would terminate. I did what I felt I needed to do in the situation that I was in. I will tell you that now that I am at the point in my life I am at, I wouldn't terminate a pregnancy no matter what, but that is MY personal belief and opinion and we all must have our own.
I will say this though, adoption is a wonderful thing so if that's something you could be considering, just know how much you are blessing a couple that cannot have a child of their own. My husband was adopted as a newborn and he is such a wonderful man and I am such a lucky person to have found him and I'm blessed to call him my husband now.
My reasoning for sharing is to tell you that there is no judgement here. You do what you feel is right, but you never, ever let someone push you into something you don't want to do. This is your baby and your decision and if you have any doubts about what the right thing is then you really have some soul searching to do.
I can say that at this point in my life, I want a child badly, but so far have not accomplished this, but I know that we will. I have grown up and that's what it takes most of the time. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's not hopeless and if you ever want to talk, I am also here for you.

Last edited by YellieBean; September 4th, 2013 at 08:05 AM.