View Single Post
September 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's right! It is almost your turn . First of all congrats!

Secondly, don't worry if you start AF before your appointment, I've read that a lot of doctors recommend doing the removal during AF as your cervix is softer or something along those lines.

As you mentioned, the removal for me went great! Practically no pain (other than what you normally feel during a pap test with an extra tiny pinch). That day and the day after I didn't even have any cramping.

I was due to start AF that day but it took two days later for me to start spotting. Then I spotted for 2 days which was annoying but not really bad. It's more when AF really started being heavy that I had weird cramping. AF lasted 6 days but that isn't much longer than when I had the IUD in (normally about 5 days but before the IUD AF would only last 3 to 4 days, I'm hoping it will be back to that soon lol). What was bad about it was the weird cramping that really made me feel sick to my stomach...

However I must say that I didn't take any pain medication like not even a single advil to deal with the pain which might have helped (I was trying to be tough like I don't need pain but I was really whiny about the pain ). I also had just started taking folic acid supplement and I think those were causing me some stomach pain as well so it may have been a combination of all this.

Who know's, maybe it was related to something I ate that week so if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Plus once AF was done it all went away so even if you do get weird cramping just take an advil and know it will be gone soon .

Let us know how it goes!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks