View Single Post
September 8th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just found out my brother is getting married. They want to do it pretty quickly because they'd like an outdoor fall wedding and don't really want to wait until next year. That's cool and pretty exciting too. I've met his fiancÚ and she's pretty awesome.
Problem, they have decided to get married the day before my due date. I live 3 hours from where they live, which means I probably live three hours from whatever outdoor location they plan to get married... I still want to go, but it will all depend on when baby arrives. If early then yay I'll go (with a newborn in tow), if not born... I don't know if I can do that... I mean that is just horrible timing for me... but I really don't want to miss out on my brother's wedding.. I've already missed so much, his high school graduation being one of the biggest ones. And he was IN my wedding... kind of more because my husbands best man couldn't get military leave and we needed to fill the space, but he's also the closest to my husband out of all my brothers, so we'd both be really missing out if we couldn't go.
Oh and minor complication, their wedding is planned for a Friday evening and the next morning is my son's last soccer game and the day they give out trophies and what not.... so all around bad timing here! (I wouldn't dream of asking them to change it for me, she doesn't even really know me that well, and I don't want her to feel obligated to change her wedding day because of a sister-in-law, that would seriously suck for starting out on the right foot with our new 'sister' relationship.