View Single Post
September 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Sophia's Mommy!
Do you have a date picked out: I'm thinking 12/7
Will it be at your house or a venue: At our house
Do you have a theme: Owls. That's been our theme with her nursery, baby shower, so I figured might as well end the first year with owls as well.
Colors: pink and gold
Do you have a special outfit for LO: I have seen so many cute ones, but haven't decided yet. I did order a pink tutu but need a shirt to go with it.
Decoration ideas: I'm going to hang a string in the hall and clip each of her monthly growth pics to it with gold glitter clothespins I ordered. I'm going to somehow decorate her highchair but haven't decided on that one yet. I have a lot of other ideas in mind but haven't decided for sure yet.
Will you do a smash cake: yes! I'm debating if I want to attempt making it myself or not.
Any special birthday traditions you will start: I saw the idea of making a time capsule for her to open on either 16th or 18th birthday. I'm going to do that. I'll make cards with everyone to fill out predictions for her and put some info on what the world was like during her first year of life. Maybe some other things as well, need to do some more searching on this.
Anything else: Oh I think I'm also going to put together a slideshow of pictures and maybe some video over her first year and have that run continuously on the TV throughout the party.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

Last edited by Cassie.S; September 9th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.