View Single Post
September 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Rachelle
Aww, that really does suck. My personally opinion would be that I would have to tell my brother that I am sorry but I can't travel as that is my due date and I'm sure they would understand. It's not like you don't have a good reason for not being able to attend the wedding and plus your due date was planned way before the wedding date.

Also keep in mind with health insurance policy and what doctors may suggest as you get closer. If they tell you no travel than don't risk it. You don't want to chance having a baby in a car or at the wedding or going to a strange hospital dealing with medical staff that you don't know at all.

The health insurance that I have says I can't travel within several weeks of my dut date and if I do that they won't cover outside of my coverage area which is within 1-2 hours of my county.

Now here is a cool idea for you to be there without driving, how about they do a live streaming skype video online for out of town guests. That way you can still be apart of their big day if you aren't in the hospital having the baby.

I know alot of couples that are streaming live weddings online now and they are pretty simple to do. I would highly suggest that idea to them when you tell them that you probably won't be able to come due to the baby.

I know it's a hard choice to make but I would just discuss it with your family and doctor before deciding what is best for you and your baby.

10 Weeks-9/12/12

5 Weeks-12/12/12