View Single Post
September 9th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I grew up in NH- Exeter to be exact (which is on the seacoast, close to Portsmouth) and it is a WONDERFUL place to live. Taxes are relatively low, the schools are great, it's clean and beautiful and great if you are outdoorsy at all. It does get freezing and it snows a lot but you get used to it.

We live right outside of Hartford CT now. The only reason we moved (2+ years ago) is because my Mom remarried and moved down here and we missed her/need the help. DH's parents/whole family is still in NH but neither of his parents are willing or able to help us much. My mom babysits, etc so we need her. CT isn't terrible but it's WAY more populated than NH and more expensive too. We rent a townhouse now (with a yard) but we do plan on buying a house back in NH eventually when we can afford it. We both miss home.

Anyway yeah it's more rural which can be a good thing depending on what you like. And jobs are way more scarce up there but it sounds like he already has a job he can commute to, it will just be longer. The traffic isn't too terrible but it depends on what town you are looking at.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long