View Single Post
September 9th, 2013, 12:25 PM
It's A Girl!
Quri and I are doing well! She is now 12 days old and according to her first appointment last Tuesday she gained all birth weight back plus an ounce, making her 6 lbs 11 1/2 oz! She has an appointment tomorrow, so I'm sure has gained more. I gave up breastfeeding when she was 4 days old because of her aggressive sucking. I tried to stick to it but she literally had me in tears. She's doing fine with the similac but she has gagging episodes from eating too fast and it scares the s*** out of me! It's getting better though. I now let the bottle down to give her time to take a breather. She gets up every two hours to eat and she sleeps in between feedings. I am recovering from my c-section very well. I took my pain medicine as prescribed and since I ran out a couple of days ago, I haven't needed anymore. I do a lot of walking and my incision is healing nicely. My belly is going down quicker than I thought it would. I have my postpartum check on the 27th. That's it for now. I'm not sure how much I weigh now but I have a Dr appt tomorrow for a possible uti, so I guess I'll find out then.

Update: She has gained 13 ounces in a week, so her doctor suggested that I start supplementing her less.

Last edited by MissCiara; September 12th, 2013 at 08:07 AM.