View Single Post
September 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM
TTC the newfashioned way
Melissa, unless you are allergic to sesame...I'd go for the cheaper option, personally. Yes it is a bigger needle, but it doesn't hurt at all. That needle is SHARP, I don't even feel it. I also warm up the syringe with a hot wet washcloth to warm the oil before injecting...I've found it absorbs better and you don't get knots. I would not pay that extra. I had to use 3 vials before my beta (30 shots) and that can get spendy. If your ins pays for the Sesame...I'd go with that. It can't be that much better! LOL

Welcome Belle!!!

We chose 2 each time to transfer, because my clinic charges 10% MORE if you want a single embryo transfer, probably because it has a less % of working. I'd rather take the risk of twins. And for the record...I've txferred 2 each time. The first two fresh IVF's I got pg with a singleton and the FET I had a CP. With my first pregnancy, Mallory was there, and there was another sac, much smaller and completely black...so it was the other baby that started to take and then didn't for some reason. That embryo had some fragmentation.

AJP, I don't want you to think your Dr. doesn't know what s/he is doing...but my Dr never does the same protocol twice, he always changes something up. I am surprised you are going to be on lupron again. Is he changing the meds/doses etc this time?

How many eggs did you get last time?

Do you know what your FSH or AMH levels are?

What was your antral follicle count (AFC) at your CD3 appt?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get the whole picture here Hope you don't mind!!

Belle - do you know your protocol? What meds will you be on?
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle