View Single Post
September 13th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Super Mommy
So, my DH and I moved away from home in 1996. We lived in Atlanta for 11 yrs, and have been living in Virginia since 2007. Being away from family has been hard, especially since we had Parker. He only sees his family every 6 mo, and only for about a week at a time. They basically see him grow up through pictures.

Well, my DH applied for a job near our home (Spokane, WA) in Pullman, working for WSU. He had his first interview in June, and it took ALL summer to go through the process of hiring. (State job for ya......) We found out last night that they want to hire him!!!! So, in about a month, we'll be moving from Virginia, back to Washington- HOME!! We'll be about 90 min away from all of our family, but that's better than clear across country! For the past 17 years, we've always taken our vacations to Spokane, to see family. Now that we'll be living there, we can actually go somewhere else for our vacations now! Parker has already said he wants to see the Grand Canyon. LOL

I've checked the schools in Pullman, and they're some of the best in the state. They all rank 8s, and the school he's at now ranks a 5. (and we love it there!) So, we're pretty excited. This is a HUGE thing for us, and we couldn't be happier! Oh, and our family is ecstatic!

Anyone live in Eastern Washington??

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005