View Single Post
September 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to our board! I'm sorry for your prior loss, that makes subsequent pregnancies SO hard. You're always questioning every little thing, wondering if you should get attached, waiting for something bad to happen but hoping desperately that it doesn't. Pregnancy after loss is a unique and usually stressful situation.

With me, with this last pregnancy (my rainbow baby), I was waiting that whole first trimester to lose the baby. Every day I would think, "Wait, are my BB's deflating? I don't feel as sick as I did yesterday. Does my belly look smaller?" and peeing on a stick a zillion times to try to reassure myself. It got better when I passed my loss date by a few weeks, and better still when I started feeling movement regularly, around 20 weeks for me--rather late but I'm told an anterior placenta can "muffle" baby movements, and I did have that.
I don't think you ever really stop worrying, and you definitely can never have that blissful ignorance of a "normal" pregnancy (by that I mean, a healthy pregnancy where you haven't ever had a loss). But, you can still have excitement, love and joy for this new baby, and I say embrace every day you have with this little one.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12