View Single Post
September 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boxed in and lonely. Yes. Except, we were out and about a lot. I don't actually enjoy that. And most of our social engagements were with acquaintances that I don't feel "safe" with yet. I can spill my guts on the internet to 100 strangers, but not, apparently, someone right in front of me that I don't know very well. And there was a lot of need to spill my guts this summer. It has mounted. Anyway, running around also interferes with the lifestyle I'm trying desperately to live and instill in my kids and it was tough to keep up with my house and constructive free time for the kids as well as a few days of homeschool attendance to record before our 12 months ran out.

Because of all the rain, my garden was eaten by crabgrass. We did go visit relatives I haven't seen in six years; that was nice and although three kids and myself in a sedan might sound nightmarish, they were awesome! I guess that was our highlight. I'm enjoying the return of the world to school, too. I do need some mommy-to-mommy time, but playdates aren't really going to help that. They fill something, but not what's really needed.