View Single Post
September 16th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
I JUST came to check this section out. I'm a photographer, but barely. LOL I do it professionally, but only through word of mouth and FB. I mostly do sports photography and portraits. (outdoor) I feel I do a good job, but I know there are others out there that do MUCH better than I do. But, all of my customers have been very pleased. But, I feel it's a hard market to get into. We have a lot of other local Moms trying to do the same thing. So, I'm basically competing against other Moms who are the same level as I am, and people just have somebody they know take their pics. They don't really call around, or research. There is a lady I know through baseball, and her pics are just ok. Not bad, but not something I'd pay for. I'd say just one step up from snapshots. Her lighting is always off, composition strange, lots of unfocused shots, etc. But yet she is SO BUSY! Her FB page has over a 1000 likes, she's always doing a shoot of some kind, and people love her. But, she's not good.......so it's frustrating when the general public doesn't even know the good from bad, and the "bad" gets all of the business.

Again, not saying I'm the best, because thats not the case. I know a lot of people around here that do better than me. But, I just feel like there is just too much competition, and it's discouraging when somebody who's not that great gets all of the business........

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005