View Single Post
September 18th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran
I am so sorry Stephanie... I really am. I wish this things just didn't happen. They shouldn't...
I was in similar shoes, I lost my first boy when he was 27 hours old - but that was completely unexpected. Although I think I would have liked to know it in advance, again, I'm not sure. I just don't know.
I keep my son's ashes hidden in the closet. His nursery is still decorated, as if nothing ever happened.
How do you go on? How could someone possibly go on??
Well, wether you do or don't, life will just keep going. The days will keep passing by. There's really no other option, it is not up to you to keep living or not. You just wake up and live another day. At first you may not shower and you may not eat, but that's not that necessary after all.
I suppose your existing son and husband/familly will be there for you, and you may realize not hurting them is a good enough reason to keep living.
I'm sorry I don't have better words, but all that "it will get better, have faith in a miracle, you will overcome this, you will have another child, you have to be strong for your son" stuff people keep saying sounds like nonsense to me.
I am now expecting my 2nd child. I really hope this child gives me a reason to wake up in the morning. I miss my son terribly every day. I truly believe I will never be "happy"again.
But I owe it to my husband, parents, and to my new daughter on the way, to just "keep going"...
Please PM me to vent anytime...