View Single Post
September 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Super Mommy
Cool! I took a domestic flight (1hr) with Marcos when he was 4 weeks. I was stressed out about it but it went really well. He slept the whole time. I had read that I should BF him during takeoff and landing but the stewardesses told me that I actually had to hold him in a burping position during this time so I couldn't. I was stressed out about his ears popping but he was totally fine. To come back from my destination, I took a train ALONE, which was also kind of intimidating, but the 5hr ride was fine and he was quiet the whole time too.

We are planning on taking him to Cuba in January to visit my in-laws. It's a 3.5hr direct flight and Marcos will be about 6 months old, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm a bit concerned about tropical diseases, especially considering we will not be in a resort and some of the areas we are going to are a bit removed from touristy areas. I'll continue breastfeeding so that we don't have to worry about the local water and we will also be investing in a good quality mosquito net.