View Single Post
September 18th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Super Mommy
You're not alone. I felt pretty much the same way when I found out about this pregnancy. My daughter is 11 months, still very much being breast fed. We found out two months ago. I had originally planned to continue giving her comfort nursing until she was at least a year and a half, but now I'm going to start weaning her next month with plans to be done in November. We weren't even sure we wanted a second, that was something we were going to talk about when she turned four. It took me a while to grieve those plans, now I'm finally to the point where I can feel a bit of excitement, although I do still worry about resenting the new baby, or showering one or the other with more love. I think that second part is normal for most second pregnancies though so I try not to worry.

It'll get better, you'll grow to accept this baby and then to love this baby. Just give it time, find a due date club, and don't be afraid to post your feelings in your due date club. Having a support group who understands, or at least sympathize helps a lot. There are a few of us who were surprised by a baby while breast feeding.