View Single Post
September 20th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Happy as a Clam :)
I really don't know how to feel right now... I had my ultrasound this morning to see when I would be ready for our IUI.

US showed the polyp... Bummer. NP said we will continue with the plan unless the RE decides to change anything. Well he did, in a big way. Lining was thin, only one follie and that pesky polyp showed. He decided to skip the cycle and get that thing removed my next cycle.
Totally a bummer. I thought that maybe this is my fertile time of the year being it was a year ago we got our BFP and ultimately lost my little angel. I had so much hope when the US tech didnt see it last week.

So there it is ladies, a bust. TI but hopes for the future.

I found this article and hope it maybe is explaining my "unexplained infertility"

"Uterine polyps can act like a natural intrauterine device (IUD), preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall. They can also block the area where the fallopian tube connects to the uterine cavity, preventing sperm from traveling into the tube to meet the egg. Similarly, they can block the canal of the cervix, which would prevent sperm from entering the uterus at all. Polyps may also play a role in miscarriage for some women.

In a study published in 2005 in the journal Human Reproduction, women undergoing artificial insemination after having their polyps removed became pregnant at about twice the rate of women who did not have their polyps removed. In fact, the women who had their polyps removed often became pregnant without artificial insemination."

Fx!