View Single Post
September 21st, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Let me give you a little bit of my background as well.

When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 21 her dad was 30 - we met at a bar and I got pregnant on a one night stand. At the time I had my own little apartment I was working a fairly good job, but under no circumstances was a I ready for a child I was still a child myself. Her Dad was in and out during my pregnancy, he turned into an alcoholic and left when my daughter was 10 months old. During my pregnancy my Mom took me back in because she saw how desperate I was to even keep my head above water. I applied for every program I knew to apply for (daycare, medicaid, WIC, foodstamps, etc.)

When my daughter was born I was only working part time, my car was repo'd, I had no transportation, her Dad was in and out, I counted quarters for diapers...It was nothing short of a nightmare. When my daughter was 1 my daycare assistance started to really help me, I enrolled full time in xray school (and received enough grants to pay for it in full with no loans), I graduated from xray school with honors without anyones help. I am now working full time, putting myself back thru college working on my Masters in Psychology. My daughter is just about 5 and I am proud to say I do it myself. I do currently have a boyfriend we live together he does help me with my daughter in certain ways - for him its awkward because shes a girl and he has 2 teenage boys.

I am living proof that you can do it! I have been there I know what you are going thru, feel free to message me at anytime I am always here to talk.