View Single Post
September 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
First off, congratulations on this new little life -- don't worry, I know for certain that these painful feelings will pass and be replaced with overwhelming love for your new little one!

As someone who's has my kids very close together, I can tell you it's really, truly amazing and great. First, don't stress about the breastfeeding. With most of mine I nursed until I was 3-4 months from my due date with no problems at all. Now, I know this doesn't work for everyone, but don't get depressed about it since it may not be an issue for you at all. Second, remember that if you're only having two, having them close will be so great -- no hanging on to baby gear for years, being able to do things with your kids having them both be at roughly the same 'stage,' and they'll be such great friends! I know the first 6 months might be rough-- it's like having to babies -- but after that I think you really will find it's easier with two than one. Your little ones will have a built-in best friend and you and your husband will actually find you have more 'together' moments when you don't have to be the number one entertainers all the time.

Anyway, I guess I just want you to know that having kids close together can actually be a lot of fun and a great blessing. As far as health goes, pregnancies differ so much. With my fifth baby I had a horrible pregnancy and it took me a good 6 months of I'll health to recover. When I got a surprise sixth pregnancy I felt discouraged about the prospect of going through that again. But guess what? My sixth pregnancy actually ended up being my easiest of all and I had a great, quick recovery. So take heart and just enjoy this -- it's probably your last time around so let go of the stress at what might be hard and just enjoy and look forward to a best friend for your little guy. Best wishes and keep us posted!