View Single Post
September 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
... You are that child's mother and there is probably no one else who is around her or knows her the way that you do. Screw worrying about coming off as the "B Word". I will happily ruffle a few feathers for the good of my child. I think that's more the issue for you. You may have to not worry so much about how you appear and just do what's best for your little girl.

If you say let her rest after eating. That should be how it is. If they go to pick her up speak up. Say things like: "It's not just about your clothes being ruined. It's about her keeping her food down so that she has the nutrients/hydration that she needs. Do you like vomiting? Why do you think my baby should be ok with it? Are you going to clean her up and wash off her face, neck and chest when she vomits all over? Change her clothes? No?? Ok. Then just allow her a few minutes rest and then you can play with her."

There are going to be a lot of times when you are going to have to step up for your child regardless of it ruffling some feathers. It will be ok and you will get used to it. You don't have to be NASTY to other people but be stern. You can do it lady!